Wednesday, January 25, 2012

How should I go about writing a restaurant review for class?

I have to write a restaurant review for my college writing class. Has to be about 1 1/2 pages (double spaced I presume). I went to the restaurant, and I took down notes and made sure to answer questions such as "reservations? cuisine? price range? wine list? etc.". But the problem I'm having is what tone or style I should use to write a restaurant review.



Should it be like a story? Or like a descriptional piece? I know restaurant reviews are meant to be a little more "fun" than conventional essays, but where do i draw the line?How should I go about writing a restaurant review for class?
Oh finally I can tell a writer how to write a review for a restaurant.LOL

Make it fun and emphasize the food as well as the service. the food can be great, but if the service is bad it can ruin the whole experience. Make it descriptive, ambiance, service, food, time in between courses, and most of all what were the people around you doing, having fun, quite, loud, music playing. Put Humphrey Bogart from Casablanca in mind, if it fits. Or something like it. Let go and make it entertaining, but not long.How should I go about writing a restaurant review for class?
Writing is easy.

Did you notice any line when you went in? That could be useful. Was the place crowded? Were there enough servers? were they polite? Did you see anything unusual in the menu? What did the place look and smell like. (Use all five senses in your report somewhere) Did you hear anyone comment about the food while you were eating? Were there kids there, how did they act? There are thousands of other observances you could use.

Tell the story like you were talking to a friend.

Writing is easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment