Sunday, January 29, 2012

What makes you want to try a new restaurant?

What is the most important factor that influences you to try a new restaurant, written restaurant reviews, paid advertising by the restaurant, word of mouth from friends %26amp; family, online travel or dining guides like trip adviser or is it simply the restaurants' proximity to your home or work or something else?What makes you want to try a new restaurant?
First I look at the menu to see if what they offer sounds appealing to me. If their dishes are so esoterically named I can't figure out what they are, forget it. I also check to see what the prices are like and whether I think the food will be worth it. I then check restaurant reviews (not the paid critics but the local regular folks like me) to see what they have to say. I keep in mind the type of food being offered and the type of people reviewing (a whole lot of people can't tell good sushi from ok sushi, for instance, and they think that just because they get a lot of sushi or those horrible multi-fish sushi rolls it automatically makes it good--wrong!). If it's a neighborhood place, I try to drop in during the day (if they are open during the day) to get some take-out--if the take-out is good then you know the in-house is going to be really good. As far as Chinese restaurants go though, I will take a chance on some based solely on the menu they leave at my door and whether they do delivery--and once I find a place that provides good food delivered to me, I stick with it until they start doing not so good food or start getting the order wrong too many times, etc.
It depends. If its a restaurant that looks nice on the outside, Iwould want to try it but if its too fancy I probably wouldnt (as a college student, im quite broke). So I guess it has to do wiht price and looks of it. also the food that they serve obviously plays a big part, tooWhat makes you want to try a new restaurant?
i just saw a restaurant yesterday the reason i wanted to go in is b/c it looked appealing from the outside. Word of advice if owning a restaurant make sure the name on the sign is READIBLe b/c i couldn't read the sign from a distance to look it up when i got home.
Usually I'm walking around and I see a place with an interesting menu, nice prices and with a good number of people inside to see if it's popular or not.What makes you want to try a new restaurant?
Usually just word of mouth- if I hear from a friend that its good, I'm usually more apt to try it myself.
I guess if it's Italian, Chinese or Mexican and close to my house then I'll try it.
I usually end up eating out last minute. So I tend to eat out close to home.

No comments:

Post a Comment