Thursday, February 23, 2012

What should I wear to a nice restaurant if the dress code is business casual?

I am interviewing for an engineering internship on Friday, and the company is having a "get to know you" dinner at a respectable, and nice restaurant in the area on Thursday evening. I am a 19 y/o male for informational purposes. The dress code at the restaurant (according to numerous reviews online) is Business Casual.



Should I wear:



Black pants, dress shoes, and a light colored shirt?

Black pants, dress shoes, and a dark colored shirt? (should the shirts be solid or can they be striped?)



Black pants, dress shoes, and a polo? I am not very sure on the specifics of business casual at restaurants.



Is a tie necessary?



I also have a pair of dark grey pants/slacks, which look very elegant. I have a variety of shirts and polos.





Thank you in advance!What should I wear to a nice restaurant if the dress code is business casual?
i think you should go with the black pants, dress shoes, and light colored shirt. a dark one would look too formal. and yeah it can be striped or solid. don't worry too much because i'm sure you will see people who look very under-dressed and people who are over-dressed.What should I wear to a nice restaurant if the dress code is business casual?
I agree with the above that you should go with the you should go with the black pants, dress shoes, and light colored shirt and add a striped or subtle patterned tie.



It sound like in this environment you cant go wrong with a tie and with the tie on it shows the extra attention to detail and a but of personality.
  • oil change
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment